|Dornie & District Community Council | sitemap | log in|
The page for news items concerning the CC and Dornie & District. If you have any items of news please email us via email@example.com
Skye & Lochalsh CVO -Community Calls..
13 May 2020
Message from Skye & Lochalsh Council for Voluntary Organisations re Community Calls Service:
The service is open to communities across Skye, Wester Ross and Lochalsh and people sign-up to it by a simple registration form (Attached)
The Community Calls service aims to make people feel safe, reassured and not alone. We do this by:
· Connecting people to a community of volunteers who make regular calls to check an individual’s well-being
· Signposting people to essential support services such as Local Community Hubs and shop delivery services
· Initiating an emergency check-up response for those who do not answer call
· Recognising problems or concerns of individuals and finding ways to alleviate these
· Identifying gaps or barriers to support in communities and working with local groups and statutory organisations overcome these
We work in collaboration with:
· The Highland Council to ensure people have access to food and supplies through the Local Community Hubs
· On the ground mutual aid groups to ensure essential provisions can be delivered to a person’s home
· Third sector groups who provide Covid-19 support services such as area helplines, training and direct support
· The Highland Third Sector Interface to ensure there are reserve volunteers across the region
If you know anyone who would like regular friendly check-in call they can phone 01478 612921 or email Communitycalls@slcvo.org.uk to register. If you would like to refer a person you can use the attached form, ensuring you have permission to do so.
Prescription Collection & Delivery..
25 April 2020
With the help of Kyle pharmacy we have arranged a collect and delivery service for Dornie and District area. If you or someone you know would like their prescriptions delivered to their doorstep, please tell the Kyle medical practice at your next appointment or when you phone to ask for your next prescription (thereby giving your consent)
25 April 2020
With wonderful volunteers from our community we have set up a Blessing Box in the green shed behind the Dornie Hotel.Huge thank-you to Paul & Suzanne Meikle for the use of their shed.
This has been organised in conjuction with the Kyle and Lochalsh Community Trust Food Share group and Balmacara Stores. Volunteers pick up near out of date fresh food about 5pm everyday and it is stored in the shed fridge overnight (any fresh food left over is disposed of in the morning)
The Blessing Box is open to everyone in Dornie & District area to help themselves to. Great way to reduce food waste! We also accept donations of non-perishable foods - please be mindful of use-by dates if donating.
We have started a plant share as well, so just help yourself! Please tell your neighbours, we'd rather the food be used than binned
See our facebook page ( Dornie & District Community Resilience Group) for up to date news
Dornie Pier repaired..
13 April 2020
Great news that the Dornie Pier has been repaired. Big thank-you to Cllr Biz Campbell for keeping up the pressure! And of course to the Highland Council for doing the work!